Friday, October 26, 2012

31 days: On self-control

Pin It
I am joining the Nester plus quite a few other bloggers in a 31 day writing challenge. You can write about whatever you want, and I choose to write on the search for a Spirit-led life. Join me, won't you?

To start reading from the beginning, and for links for all days, click here.




On self-control

One of my biggest struggles is aligning my beliefs and way of thinking with my actions. To put it bluntly, it's "practicing what I preach". It's focusing on my short comings instead of pointing those of my neighbor. 

The reason for most of my frustrations in life? Lack of self-control.

Think about it: we know the theory. We can see it when things happen with other people. How they should just let go, let God, ask for change in their own hearts instead of begging God to change someone or something.

And yet when it's with us, it's so difficult to grasp this truth. Our rebel minds seem to trick us every time. Just this once, you are entitled to be mad. Of course you are right. This isn't fair. 

It all comes down to knowing whose you are. That's where the control should come from anyway.